KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA — September 15, 2009 — Adobe Systems Incorporated today announced that starting September 15, 2009, the company will begin accepting submissions for the first Adobe® Asia Pacific School Innovation Awards, open to all 14-19 year old students in Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, India, Philippines, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, South Korea, Australia, and New Zealand. The competition is designed to provide a platform for the brightest young creative minds in the region to display their talents to a wide audience as well as a chance to gain recognition and win attractive awards.
Adobe is committed to the education market, and has always supported and encouraged creativity amongst students. With the Adobe Asia Pacific School Innovation Awards, the company is looking to further extend their efforts to youth in the Asia Pacific region.
“We at Adobe always try to nurture young creative talent and encourage them to express themselves through digital media tools,” said John Treloar, education director for Asia Pacific at Adobe. “The 2009 Adobe Asia Pacific Innovation Awards are a perfect opportunity for these talented youth to display their skills to the region and be recognized for their work.”
The competition encourages students to explore topics affecting our world today and allows them to express their ideas freely. Students may compete as individuals or as teams. There are three categories and three themes from which they may choose. The competition’s categories include:
- Web Design and Development — Appropriate entries include Web sites, blogs, interactive CDs/DVDs, animations, learning objects, mobile design, and more.
- Film and Video — Appropriate entries include live action projects, documentaries, short films, motion graphics, animations, public service announcements, and more.
- Graphic and Print Design — Appropriate entries include illustrations, postcards, logos, labels, packaging, photography, yearbooks, advertising, magazines, posters, brochures, books, newsletters, and more.
The competition’s themes include:
- Go Green — conserving natural resources like water and energy, reducing waste and minimizing humankind’s impact on the environment
- Go Legal — promoting the legal use of software
- Go Wild — open category for students to submit a theme of their own.
Winner Selection and Prizes
There will be two Finalists and one Winner in each category, as well as one overall “Best-of-Best” Winner. The Winners and Finalists will be selected by a team of Adobe judges.
- Category Winners — Category winners will receive a copy of Adobe Creative Suite® 4 Master Collection software and a winner’s certificate.
- Category Finalists — Finalists will receive their choice of Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Premium, Web Premium or Production Premium software and a finalist’s certificate. In the case of group finalists, each member of the team will receive their choice of one of the following: Adobe Premiere Pro® CS4, Adobe After Effects® CS4, Adobe InDesign® CS4, Adobe Photoshop® CS4, Adobe Dreamweaver® CS4 or Adobe Flash® CS4 Professional and a finalist’s certificate.
- Overall “Best-of-Best” Winner — The “Best-of-Best” winner will receive a certificate of commendation plus a new Hewlett Packard Pavilion dv3600 or Apple MacBook Pro 13 Inch laptop.
- Teachers — Sponsoring teachers of all category winners will receive a copy of Adobe Creative Suite 4 Master Collection software.
- School — The “Best-of-Best” winner’s school will receive 30 licenses of Adobe Creative Suite 4 Master Collection software for use on up to 30 seats in the school’s lab.
Adobe will begin accepting submissions online starting on September 15, 2009. The deadline for submissions is December 15, 2009. Winners will be announced before January 31, 2010 and notified via email. For more information about categories, prizes and entry requirements, see the official rules at http://www.adobe-eduapac.com/award.
via: David Gibson | inter.asia communications
Technorati Tags: adobe, Asia Pacific School Innovation Awards, asia, asia pacific, Innovation Awards, Adobe Premiere Pro® CS4, Adobe After Effects® CS4, Adobe InDesign® CS4, Adobe Photoshop® CS4, Adobe Dreamweaver® CS4, Adobe Flash® CS4 Professional, finalist’s certificate, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, India, Philippines, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand
Popularity: 1% [?]
No comments yet.